Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Needed Batteries

Went on a hiking/camping trip with a group of friends a few weeks ago. We hit some hiking trails in rural Maryland. The scenery was great and I was prepared to capture all the pictures and video that I could. I have my Canon camera/video recorder and plenty rechargeable batteries. I got wise this time. The last hiking trip we took, I was very angry at myself because I ran out of batteries, less than halfway into our day all day hiking trip. I was amazed at how quickly a camera can drain batteries when it is being used often. Needless to say, I missed so many breathe-taking images.
Well, I did some research after returning from that hiking trip. I found out that Canon battery chargers were not very expensive and the rechargeable batteries performed slightly better than regular batteries. I bought enough Canon camera batteries so that I could have enough to get me through about 12-15 hrs. The initial investment was a bit of a financial hit, but considering these batteries could be recharged, it was worth it. I think I got my moneys' worth out of the Canon digital camera batteries after only two days of, seemingly, continuous picture and video taking.


No comments: